Rates for e-commerce sites
selling protected works from repertoires
managed by SESAM
To qualify for these conditions, the preview listening or viewing of files available on the site must be intended as a means of promoting sales of conventional formats or downloaded copies of protected works in repertoires managed by SESAM, offering Web users a PRELIMINARY listening or viewing option. (For an e-commerce site this means downloading music, for a music shop it means presenting music CDs for on-line sales, while for a content provider it will be high-resolution graphics and visual files, or video on demand sales through downloading.)
The site is in business selling works:
- sales by downloading (for profit or free of charge) ;
- in different media formats, e.g. retailing recordings (CDs and cassettes), video recordings, CD-ROMs, posters, post cards, downloading files with music, films or photographs.
For these sites, and within the scope of the present conditions, SESAM issues a license valid only for preview listening and viewing of files to be made available on the Web site.
Full downloading of works and their use on media formats such as the user's hard disk or CDs, are not covered by the license issued by SESAM. The Web site manager is responsible for conducting the formalities with the relevant societies of authors to obtain prior authorizations (for graphics and works of art: ADAGP; music: SACEM; audiovisual works: SCAM and SACD; text: SCAM and SACD).
For any questions concerning this category or the different uses of works in this category, please contact SESAM for information on the conditions applying.
Rights granted through SESAM licensing
By meeting the requirements and paying the rights due, as stated above, SESAM will issue you with a license to use works from the repertoires of ADAGP, SACEM and SCAM, the societies of authors represented by SESAM for:
- reproduction rights, recording works onto a computer for the sole purpose of playing them, not making them available for downloading to other Web users ;
- performance rights, playing works on the Internet or an Intranet.
The license allows you to use the works (see technical definition) for each work you wish to use :
- to illustrate your site.
A private individual may, for example, use sound as background for a personal Web site; a museum may put a collection on view, or a company may present its business activity via a Web site choosing different works to make the site interesting and attractive.
- for preview listening or viewing, of works intended for the commercial market (retailing by downloading or conventional formats).
This is the case of a record seller offering customers the option of hearing excerpts of music on-line to help in the choice of the CD to be bought by mail order, or of a site offering a preview trailer of a film before a downloading transaction, or perhaps a preview of a still picture before buying a high definition version by downloading or as a standard format.
|Monthly rates (with no restriction on the number of works)|
|< 500.000 PAVM||Surcharge per additional
250 000 PAVM
|200 € excl. VAT||20 € excl. VAT|
PAVM or "Pages Viewed per Month": all Web pages comprising the Internet site viewed by site users in the course of a calendar month.
TO REQUEST ON-LINE LICENSING:
- IF YOU REPRESENT A NOT-FOR-PROFIT BODY - CLICK HERE (in french).
- IF YOU REPRESENT A BUSINESS - CLICK HERE (in french).
The present conditions do not cover the following uses:
- Downloading works: prior authorization must be given by the societies of authors responsible for the appropriate domain (graphics and art: ADAGP; music: SACEM; audiovisual: SCAM and SACD; text: SCAM and SACD).
- TV and radio web-casting sites: licenses are issued by SACEM
- VOD or "Pay per view" video.
For any other uses of works, please contact SESAM for information on the conditions applying.
- Stage 1: you must read and accept the general conditions as stated.
- Stage 2: you must fill out the form requesting the license and to do so will need the following information which must be provided when lodging the request:
- URL address of your site.
- Full name, postal address and electronic address of the legal representative and the contact person for SESAM.
- The corporate and trade register reference.
- Telephone numbers (fixed line and mobile) and fax number.
- Date for first inclusion of the works on your site.
- The corporate name, URL address and postal address of the host ISP.
- Site audience figures for the first months in operation (number of pages viewed per month).
- The different types of works on your site for preview listening and/or viewing (music, still pictures, audiovisual works, text etc.).