These sites are mainly associations, foundations, local authorities, public bodies or offices not generating revenue through the site; a museum Web site featuring works exhibited, but with no facilities for downloading or selling, would be in this category.
- The site generates no revenue either directly or indirectly (including subscriptions, advertising, sponsorship, merchandising etc.).
If this is NOT the case, see rates applying to "INSTITUTIONAL SITES".
- The site offers no works for downloading, even free of charge.
If this is NOT the case, see rates applying to E-COMMERCE SITES SELLING PROTECTED WORKS FROM REPERTOIRES MANAGED BY SESAM.
- The site offers access to a maximum of 100 works of any type per month.
- If you represent a not-for-profit organization and do not meet all the requirements or intend to use the works for purposes not presented on this site, please contact SESAM for information on the conditions applying.
Rights granted through SESAM licensing
By meeting the requirements and paying the rights due, as stated above, SESAM will issue you with a license to use works from the repertoires of ADAGP, SACEM and SCAM, the societies of authors represented by SESAM for:
- reproduction rights, recording works onto a computer for the sole purpose of playing them, not making them available for downloading to other Web users ;
- performance rights, playing works on the Internet or an Intranet.
The license allows you to use the works (see technical definition) for each work you wish to use :
- to illustrate your site.
A private individual may, for example, use sound as background for a personal Web site; a museum may put a collection on view, or a company may present its business activity via a Web site choosing different works to make the site interesting and attractive.
- for preview listening or viewing, of works intended for the commercial market (retailing by downloading or conventional formats).
This is the case of a record seller offering customers the option of hearing excerpts of music on-line to help in the choice of the CD to be bought by mail order, or of a site offering a preview trailer of a film before a downloading transaction, or perhaps a preview of a still picture before buying a high definition version by downloading or as a standard format.
|Number of works
|< 200.000 PAVM||Surcharge
100 000 PAVM
|1-10 works/month||10 € excl. VAT||1 € excl. VAT|
|11-100 works/month||100 € excl. VAT||10 € excl. VAT|
PAVM or "Pages Viewed per Month": all Web pages comprising the Internet site viewed by site users in the course of a calendar month.
The present conditions do not cover the following uses:
- Downloading works: prior authorization must be given by the societies of authors responsible for the appropriate domain (graphics and art: ADAGP; music: SACEM; audiovisual: SCAM and SACD; text: SCAM and SACD).
- TV and radio web-casting sites: licenses are issued by SACEM
- VOD or "Pay per view" video.
For any other uses of works, please contact SESAM for information on the conditions applying.
- Stage 1: you must read and accept the general conditions as stated.
- Stage 2: you must fill out the form requesting the license and to do so will need the following information which must be provided when lodging the request:
- URL address of your site.
- Full name, postal address and electronic address of the legal representative and the contact person for SESAM.
- Telephone numbers (fixed line and mobile) and fax number for the organization.
- Date for first inclusion of the works on your site.
- The corporate name, URL address and postal address of the host ISP.
- Site audience figures for the first months in operation (number of pages viewed per month).
- The different types of works on your site for preview listening and/or viewing (music, still pictures, audiovisual works, text etc.).